October 16, 2008

Creative???

Many of you know I am homeschooling this year. We were reading a book about a boy who worked hard to get something he had always wanted. So, I asked them to write a creative paragraph on something they have really wanted. I said to be sure that the reader can feel and understand how badly you have wanted this item, and describe it clearly.
I think Jake did just that. I just question his desire for things?
He said...and I quote...
"Have you ever wanted something that you could not have at the time? You moaned and dreamed about it throughout your whole life? That from the first second of your first breath it stood out to you? I have. I have always wanted my own porta potty. They just look so rich and beautiful. They smell so good. Don't get me started with the sinks! They are so much fun to just sit there and pump with your foot. The soap smells so fresh! I don't know about you but it feels so good to not flush! I don't know what you have always wanted, but for me, it's a porta potty.
Should I send him to the Principle?