February 15, 2008

Anyone for a hike?



Jon and Jake went on a 8 or 9 mile overnighter with the scouts. It stirred some "Man vs.Wild" in me. Maybe it was when Jon threw his camel pack on the counter. I was determined to buy a back pack and a walking stick and go hiking! So of course, it doesnt take much to motivate our fun group of friends to do something fun, so the Narrows...here we come! (The Army Navy store has walking sticks! Jon says guys don't use walking sticks, but I told him, I'm not a guy!) Anyway, Jake is a stud! I think we are inching up on the ages that our kids can handle a little challenge in the outdoors. Fun lies ahead!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Narrows here we come - how fun will that be, I cant wait. We will show our husbands what studs we are!

Julie said...

Seriously! I can't wait! Are we camping?

Julie said...

ps- Great job Jake and Jon...thanks for the inspiration!

Gerb said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE challenging hiking trips, even though my knees no longer appreciate it. Allen and I hiked to Table Rock in WY last year & it was a blast. Have fun conquering the Narrows!